Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What the heck is going on?

Thanks, you guys, for all the well wishes! A brief update: on Tuesday, I had some deep work done on my neck and back, and should have gone home and laid on ice. Instead, because I was feeling so good, I got a bunch done, and then went up to Bridger Bowl to say HI to the ski school and have dinner, do paperwork, etc.

It was snowing on the way up, we were running late, the room was crowded and noisy, full of people I haven't seen all summer, and it was really fun to see everyone and say hi, and catch up.

I noticed that I was having some trouble focusing on conversations during dinner, and I was really challenged by the paperwork I had to fill out, two things that had eased in the last five days, when I've been feeling really good, and excited to go down to Aspen and finally SKI!

During the presentation, I was holding a beautiful baby, watching a slideshow, and giggling with friends whom I haven't seen in a while. The room was hot, and I began to feel an immense amount of pain in my neck where the main site of my injury from my car accident is, and the sensation of pressure in my brain increased.

I went downstairs and laid down on the cold tile floor of the bathroom, because I knew I was going to pass out. When all was said and done, I was cold, clammy sweaty, and a bit freaked out. Angela came down and we left a bit early, and on the way down the canyon, my arms went numb, and I felt like I was going to throw up. All I wanted was to be still and get my head on some ice pronto.

Angela and I decided that a quick trip to the ER would be in order, so we went in. I laid on the triage desk while Ange held an ice pack to my head, and I got checked in. somehow, I ended up on a gourney in a room, and finally, finally, got an IV, into which they pumped an anti-vertigo med, valium, depacote and an anti nausiant. All the while, Anglea was making calls and taking care of me. She ended up staying until 11:45 at night, when Liat, my little sister, came to the ER and took over.

I had a new CAT scan, and it was clean, there is no bleed. The care in the ER was amazing, even though they were slammed busy. My pain in my head and neck stayed high, even through theese big gun pain killers, and today, Tiffany and Elaine, two friends from massage school, left school and came out to watch my kids (who were home sick from school), and take me to my MRI appointment.

We are currently waiting for results (and I have a copy, so I can post pics as soon as I get on a PC and can get them open!), but my gut feeling is that everything is fine. I think I overstimulated myself on a long day after deep work on my neck and that what my nervous system needed that day was rest.

Thanks for all your love and concern, and I'll keep you posted!

No comments: